Receive the Holy Spirit is the message this Pentecost Sunday. Jesus Christ, with God the Father, sends us the Holy Spirit with gifts, so we can continue the work Jesus instructed us to do.
Eucharistic Adoration is where we can go to pray about these gifts of the Holy Spirit and discern what it is we are called to do. As Jesus said to his disciples who were hidden behind closed doors, “Peace be with you”, we can also find that peace inside the doors of our Adoration Chapel.
If you would like join the Eucharistic Adoration ministry, please call Sandy at 763-789-3246 or Fran at 763-788-0924 for details.
NOTE: The Chapel will be closed on Monday, May 27 for the Memorial Day Holiday. It will reopen on Tuesday, May 28 at 7:00 am.
Adorers are often asked, “What do you do during Adoration?” Here is a list of some of the things adorers do:
· Pray their favorite prayers
· Read/Study the Bible (Bibles are available in the Chapel),
· Pray the Rosary (Rosaries and instructions on how to pray the Rosary are available in the chapel)
· Read one of the books or pamphlets in the chapel
· Sit and reflect on their day, their life and their relationship with Jesus
· Read and study the Catholic Catechism (copies are available in the chapel)
· Pray for someone else’s intention, our church, or our community
· Bring their own religious reading material to read
· Rest in the peace of Jesus, present in the Blessed Sacrament
Adorers are typically in the chapel for one hour each week and that hour often goes by so quickly. Adorers look forward to their next scheduled adoration time and many come more than once a week. If you are interested in adoring, come and visit our Eucharistic Adoration Chapel.
All are welcome to adore the Blessed Sacrament in the San Damiano Adoration Chapel Monday through Friday, from 7:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Those who would like to adore in the evening between 4:00 pm and midnight are invited to sign up as a committed hourly adorer by submitting your contact information below. Please also indicate your preferred hour (for example; Fridays 5:00-6:00 pm, etc.). A member of the Adoration Committee will then contact you.